But did you know that Paris is the number one region for developing startups in Western Europe, a leader in clinical research, innovation and more? Paris is one of the largest life science clusters in Europe, well known for its culture of excellence, from basic research and discovery at the universities all the way to drug development for major diseases. This innovation is enhanced by the region’s seven competitiveness clusters.
Just look at the list of French companies compiled by BioPharmGuy.com, or search for French companies on partnering360®. Paris is the perfect location to find new partners to propel your drug development strategy.
- Paris is
- home to over 1,000 life science companies: 330 in the pharmaceutical industry, ~200 in biotechnologies, and 360 medical technologies companies;
- Europe’s leading region for clinical research: 865 clinical trials every year on 20,000 patients, and 2,800 ongoing research projects;
- a springboard for world class research: prestigious institutions such as the Curie Institute, the Gustave Roussy (the number one center in Europe for early stage cancer therapies), the Brain and Spine Institute, and the Pasteur Institute ( the leading microbiology research center in Europe) are located in Paris, to name just a few;
- the center of the largest hospital network in Europe: 37 hospitals, 22,500 beds and 71,800 healthcare professionals;
- a leader in groundbreaking science: 13 Nobel prize winners in Physics, 13 in Medicine, 8 in Chemistry;
- a hotbed for innovation: leading VC companies include Truffle Capital, Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners, CMC-CIC, Auriga Partners, Sofinnova, among many; and
- a center for research: there are 300 public and private research laboratories in the Paris region.