An award ceremony to honor the recipient of the Nanomedicine Award will take place during BIO-Europe® 2015 in Munich, Germany, on November 3, 2015. Launched by the European Technology Platform for Nanomedicine (ETPN) and the EU-funded consortium, ENATRANS, the second edition of the award honors the best international nanomedicine innovations for 2015.
According to the press release, the goal of the Award is “to promote and reward two excellent innovative nanomedicine-based solutions that could help physicians change the way diseases are treated and diagnosed, bringing significant benefits to patients.”
Award nominations are accepted for projects focused on totally novel diagnostic and therapeutic approaches that address unmet medical needs using nanomedicine. They should also have a specific and defined potential market. The Award is open to companies as well as academic and private researchers across the globe. Nanomedicine proposals will be evaluated in two categories:
- Best early clinical stage project Award
- Best product or deal Award
A panel of highly-qualified pharma industry experts with experience in R&D and business roles will review and assess the applications. The review board is:
- Patrick Boisseau – Head of Business Development CEA, President of the ETPN
- Patrick Tricoli – VP Corporate Development and CEO Nanobiotix Corp.
- Jeff Hrkach – formerly Chief Technology Officer of BIND Therapeutics, Inc., and member of the Nanomedicines Alliance
- Henry Havel – former Senior Research Fellow at Eli Lilly and Chairman of the Nanomedicines Alliance
The Award is supported by EBD Group, the Nanomedicines Alliance, a US-based consortium, and Nanobiotix. The Award ceremony will take place during BIO-Europe 2015 in Munich, Germany, on November 3, 2015.
Winners will benefit from a full registration (including partnering) for BIO-Europe 2015 and a 10-minute project presentation during the conference, a presentation during the ETPN General Assembly 2016, a one-year ETPN membership, and more.
Register for BIO-Europe 2015 before August 31, 2015 to save EUR 200.