Live Free Webinar: Register here
Monday, December 14, 2015, 11:00am EST, 8:00am PST, 17:00 CET
“Maximizing Your JPM/Biotech Showcase Week in San Francisco”
The second week in January is the largest gathering of healthcare executives, companies, investors, media and service providers in the world. Approximately 20,000 members of the life sciences community gather in the Union Square area of San Francisco for four days, meeting in hotel rooms, coffee shops, receptions and at several organized conferences including the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference and Biotech Showcase™. This meeting provides unparalleled opportunities to network with your highest value business contacts but has unique challenges due to the sheer volume of people, meetings and events.
EBD Group and Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors are pleased to join with MacDougall Biomedical Communications to bring you a webinar to learn how to maximize your schedule and achieve your business objectives.
Areas of discussion will include:
- Successfully arranging meetings with your highest priority contacts
- Understanding the objectives of the various audiences at the event
- Leveraging your opportunities at Biotech Showcase
- Finding the ideal space to conduct different meetings
- Preparation and homework
- Optimizing your allotted 20-30 minute meeting slot
- Navigating the streets of San Francisco
- Getting the most out of networking at the crowded dining/party/reception scene
Chris Erdman – MacDougall Biomedical Communications
- Chris Yochim – Chairman, Delaware BIO
- Yochim is currently consulting as a strategic advisor to HOYA, a global technology company based in Japan and Singapore.
- A leader in the Greater Philadelphia Life Science Community, Mr. Yochim was appointed to the BIO 2015 Steering and Host Committees, and is Chairman of the Academic Committee to support regional planning efforts.
- At AstraZeneca, Yochim had global responsibility for External Relations to drive awareness of AstraZeneca’s areas of partnering interest. He succeeded in establishing AZ as a Preferred Partner within the biotechnology sector, venture capital & academic community. Yochim retired from AstraZeneca in June, 2014 after 35 years.
- Yochim is Founding Member and Chairman of the Board of the Delaware Bioscience Association. He is a former member of the Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees of the Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM), and served as Vice President for Eastern US Region (2006-2007). As an active volunteer in AUTM, Chris founded and chairs the AUTM Sponsorship Committee for the past 10 years. In 2014, Chris was honored as the first life science industry recipient of the AUTM President’s Award. Locally, Chris has also served for 8 years on the Board of Directors of PA BIO and The Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia.
- Following undergraduate education at Loyola Univ. in New Orleans, Chris graduated from Millsaps College in Jackson MS. In 1980 he was recruited to the Cardio-Renal Pharmacology group of ICI/Zeneca. During 15 years in discovery research, he contributed to the development of numerous marketed therapeutic products, including treatments for high blood pressure, asthma and schizophrenia. Chris has 20+ years experience conducting technology transfer and academic relations at the North America Headquarters of AstraZeneca, in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Yochim owns Easy Rider Stable, a gentleman’s horse farm in Chester County, PA where he breeds standard bred racehorses and Dutch warm blood show horses.
- Dennis J. Purcell – Founder and Senior Advisor, Aisling Capital
- Purcell is the original Founder of Aisling Capital LLC and currently serves as a Senior Advisor to Aisling. Previously, he served as the Senior Managing Partner. Prior to Aisling Capital, Purcell served as Managing Director of the Life Sciences Investment Banking Group at Chase H&Q (formerly Hambrecht & Quist, “H&Q”) for over five years. While at H&Q, he was directly involved with over two hundred completed transactions and supervised over USD 10 billion of financing and advisory assignments in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical products industries. During his tenure, BioWorld and other industry publications cited H&Q as the leading underwriter of life sciences securities. Prior to joining H&Q, Purcell was a Managing Director in the Healthcare Group at PaineWebber, Inc.
- Purcell is a frequent commentator on the industry and has been honored in the “Biotech Hall of Fame” by Genetic Engineering News, named to the Biotechnology All-Stars list by Forbes ASAP, honored as one of the top 50 Irish-American businessmen and cited as one of the top 100 contributors to the biotechnology industry.
- Purcell has served as a director of Aton Pharma, Bridge Pharmaceuticals, Cengent Therapeutics, Dynova Laboratories, Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Valentis and Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals. He has served as a member of the Advisory Council at Harvard Medical School, the Board of Directors of the Biotechnology Industry Association, as well as the New York Biotechnology Association and the Irvington Institute. He also serves on the Board of L.E.K. Consulting.
- Purcell received his MBA from Harvard University and his BS in Accounting from the University of Delaware.
- Don deBethizy PhD – Chairman, Rigontec
- deBethizy has more than 30 years experience in research and development, financial, business, and operating management in the biotechnology and consumer products industry. He is currently President of White City Consulting ApS in Denmark and serves on the supervisory boards of arGEN-X NV (Euronext Brussels), Newron Pharmaceuticals SPA (SIX Swiss Exchange) and Noxxon Pharma AG.
- Previously, deBethizy served as President and CEO of Santaris Pharma A/S until the company was sold to Roche, and as Executive Chairman of Contera Pharma until it was sold to Bukwang Pharma in November 2014. He was also co-founder and CEO of Targacept Inc., a public US biotechnology company listed on NASDAQ. In recent years, he served on the supervisory boards of LigoCyte Pharma Inc., Enbiotix Inc. and Biosource Inc.
- deBethizy holds MS and PhD degrees in toxicology from Utah State University and a BS in biology from the University of Maryland. He completed a postdoctoral fellowship at the Chemical Industry Institute of Toxicology at Research Triangle Park, NC and is a Diplomat of the American Board of Toxicology.
REGISTER here and dial-in instructions will be sent to you.